Woman of the Day: Harriet Tubman (1822-1913)
Harriet Tubman, also known as Moses, was an escaped enslaved woman who became a “conductor” on the Underground Railroad, leading enslaved people to freedom before the Civil War, all while carrying a bounty on her head. But she was also a nurse, a Union spy during the Civil War, and a women’s suffrage supporter. Tubman is one of the most recognized icons in American history and her legacy has inspired countless people from every race and background.
ATHLETICS: State Championship T-shirt Sale
Purchase the State Championship t-shirt online at this link. Price is $15 plus fees and will be delivered to the school. The last day to place an order is 3/10/22. It will be on a white t-shirt with this logo:
COMMUNITY: PTSO & SIC Meeting Monday (3/7/22)
ARTS: Attention ALL Student Artists.
THEME: CELEBRATION – Using art in any of its forms, share how you celebrate, what you celebrate, and why it is important to celebrate in 2022.
Eligibility + Submission Requirements
- Open to children in grades K-12
- All submissions must reference life as a military-connected child
- Only original work will be accepted (no copies of artwork/song/video)
- All submissions should be titled Creative writing, poetry, or prose (Not exceed 500 words)
- The branch of armed services being artistically represented must be identified
Submissions DUE: Sunday, March 20, 2022. Click HERE for more information. Click HERE (or the image above) to download the application.