District & School Holiday Tomorrow!!!
Black History Moment: Alice Augusta Ball (1892-1916)
Alice Augusta Ball was an American chemist who developed the “Ball Method”, the most effective treatment for leprosy during the early 20th century. She was the first woman and first African American to receive a master’s degree from the University of Hawaii, and was also the university’s first female and African American chemistry professor.
COMMUNITY: Virtual Conference for Female Students, Next Month
The Richland County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta is having a virtual conference to uplift and encourage middle and high school, female students. The conference is FREE. The conference is Saturday, March 19th, 9 AM – 1 PM. Click the image or here to register.
ATHLETICS: Coaching Opportunity
Scholarships for FAFSA Completion
Have you completed your FAFSA? Whether you have or not, any Class of 2022 graduate who completes their FAFSA by February 28th can become eligible for a $500 College Board Opportunity Scholarship. So how do Seniors apply?
- Sign up for College Board Opportunity Scholarships.
- Fill out and submit the FAFSA.
- Once the FAFSA is submitted, visit the My Action Plan page in their College Board Opportunity Scholarship account.
- Confirm submission on My Action Plan.
- Seniors ineligible to complete the FAFSA can still qualify for this scholarship on their My Action Plan page.
Winners are selected monthly and notified by email in their College Board accounts.